Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Power of Prayer

Brian Smoller
Site Owner

Matthew 18:19-20

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

Wednesday was supposed to be the highlight of CSU member Kyle Doperalski and his wife Elizabeth's life.  It was the day they would get to see their first child, baby boy Preston.  Instead, a day which started off with great hope turned out to be the start of a wild roller coaster ride.

After a test revealed Preston was in low placenta fluid, the decision was made for induction.  He was diagnosed with meconium aspiration upon arrival and whisked away to receive help from a breathing machine and antiobiotics.  New parents Kyle and Elizabeth were left only to pray.  Scary moment indeed, not to mention for first time parents.

Soon things began to look better.  Word came that Preston may need only a week-long stay in the hospital.  Then things began to take a turn for the worse.  A possible move to a larger hospital farther away was likely needed in order to keep Preston improving.  It was at this moment Thursday night, that a few fellow members of CSU were notified and began to pray.

Within ten minutes of the notification and prayer, word came back to Kyle and Elizabeth.  Preston suddenly started breathing better on his own and would not require a transport to the larger hospital!  For the first time since his arrival, Preston was allowed to be held by his new mom and dad.  The larger tubes were removed and while not yet fully recovered, it appears he is on the slow road to recovery.

What a true testament to the power of prayer!  Jesus' words in Matthew have never seemed more accurate.  And what a great example of how all of us can support each other in this profession.  Some of us have postseason basketball, regular season baseball/softball, or sportscasts, daily shows, etc. this time of year.  But we also have every day lives, problems, hurdles, and issues that affect us.  Get involved - read the devotionals, check out the daily dose, or post on the discussion board.  Let's keep Preston, Kyle, and Elizabeth in our prayers and keep moving this ministry forward!

God Bless

--

March 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle Doperalski
Thank you all so much. it was amazing that i led a family prayer at 4p, the time he was going to be taken to the bigger hospital. Probably the exact moment Preston started to breath better. prayers from scu were a few minutes later and as brian said we found out shortly after that preston gets to stay in our city. he still has some issues but he doesnt have the big main tube going down his throat anymore.
--
March 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle Doperalski
Csu... sorry. We're a little tired!!
March 16, 2012 at 12:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brian Smoller
Site Owner

Update 3/16, 5:00pm

Kyle has informed us that Preston's blood work has returned with high levels of infection and there is concern it may have affected his brain.  Tests are being conducted tonight but nothing will be known until Sunday afternoon.  It will be a long 48 hours for Kyle and Elizabeth - your continued prayers would be welcome

--

March 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Doug Anderson

Brian Smoller at March 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Update 3/16, 5:00pm

Kyle has informed us that Preston's blood work has returned with high levels of infection and there is concern it may have affected his brain.  Tests are being conducted tonight but nothing will be known until Sunday afternoon.  It will be a long 48 hours for Kyle and Elizabeth - your continued prayers would be welcome

Kyle we are praying for healing for Preston. May you feel the Lord's precense in this time and may his strength bring you comfort and confidence. Be strong and courageous.

Doug Anderson

--

Jesus answered "I am the way, and the truth, and the life." - John 14:6

March 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brian Smoller
Site Owner

Update 3/19

From Kyle Sunday night: Late Friday night the preliminary results came back from multiple tests. Elizabeth Albin-Doperalski and I were told Preston had bacterial meningitis, every parent's worst nightmare according to google. We got the final results a couple hours ago and Preston doesn't have any more signs of it. He gets to come home on Wed or Thurs! This is clearly a work of God. Your prayers were answered. Thank you all so much for those who prayed! Praise the Lord!

--

March 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kyle Doperalski

Hey guys,

I just wanted to report that Preston turned 4 months old on Saturday and he is doing well considering the rough start he had to life.  I thank each and everyone of you for the prayers.  They made a difference in what was the worst time of our life.  Thank you again.

July 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.